We are distinguishing between four categories: data sources that we have direct control over; other data sources that the portal will query; other platforms that the portal will interact with (e.g. to request services from); and ontologies that we will use either to represent or reason over data.
- FNA content
- AAFC databases
- SeqDB, Specify
- local images
- vocabularies, taxonomies, and matrices at etcsite, not public yet. Requires login credentials.
Other sources of data
Specimen data (Darwin Core with embedded links to the specimens)
Specimen data linked to DNA barcodes
- Other Specify instances
EOL group; other groups?
Other service providers
- OTO (Ontological Term Organizer)
- FNA Experimental Semantic Search Tool
- CFG (Configurable Field Guide)
- PATO (the Phenotypic Quality Ontology)
- PO (the Plant Ontology, morphological/developmental PoV)
(includes multiple crop ontologies)
- TO (the Trait Ontology, ecological PoV)
- GO (the Gene Ontology)