The Portal will be an on-line flora of the plants of Canada, with taxonomic treatments taken from the Flora of North America. It will expand on the existing e-flora representation of FNA by providing a number of new capabilities, including the following:
- Users will be able to edit taxonomic treatments.
- Users will be able to annotate associated resources.
- Users will be able to choose whether or not to interact with the non-authoritative, user-generated content.
- Users will be able to create custom field guides based on a number of input parameters.
- A multi-faceted interface for species identification.
- Support for authors of taxonomic revisions.