Foundation to support Research in Mycological Taxonomy and Ecology
The non-profit foundation ‘Research in mycological taxonomy and ecology’ (Studienstiftung mykologische Systematik und Ökologie) was founded in 1995 by Walter Gams with the aim of supporting scientific work mainly by young biologists. The Foundation has its seat
c/o Schweisfurth-Stiftung, Südliches Schloßrondell 1, D-80638 München, E-mail: email@example.com
The Foundation mainly supports projects in the field of mycology, in particular taxonomy, ecology and phytomedicine.
Applications are screened by the Board of the Foundation concerning their scientific quality and whether they match the scope of the Foundation.
The Foundation supports projects by subsidizing costs to a limited extent in the areas of
- registration fee of congresses
- course fees
- costs of accommodation
- printing costs
- material expenses (limited)
The Foundation does not cover other costs of living or overhead expenses (bench fees) that are sometimes demanded by host institutes. No obligation to provide such support can be claimed.
The applicant (i.e. either the hosting scientist or the researcher to be supported, with confirmation by his or her supervisor) sends an application (no special form needed) to the Foundation at the above address or by email <firstname.lastname@example.org>. In the application, the following are to be described:
- The project: situation at start, planned work, and expected results. This is to be documented with literature data concerning the project and a list of relevant work by the applicant.
- Planning of the work
- Survey of required means, with documentation that the applicant could not find (sufficient) other supporting resources. The applicant is obliged to disclose the support received from the Foundation in the context of the whole project.
After completing the project, the applicant is obliged to supply a summarizing written report to the Foundation, which will be published on the Foundation’s Internet website. In addition, the results should be published in scientific papers and otherwise be presented in public. In publications that were made possible wholly or partly thanks to the Foundation, this support must be acknowledged.
Material collected during travels and expeditions supported by the Foundation must be reliably documented and preserved. It must be ascertained that this material is deposited in an official institute (herbarium, culture collection) that offers the possibility of loan or acquisition. It must not remain in the private herbarium or culture collection of the scientist or his or her supervisor.
Reports resulting from projects supported by the foundation
- R. Zare (2003) Investigations on fungicolous Verticillium-like species
- I. Irbe (2004) Attending the 1st Symposium of Ecologists of the Republic of Montenegro
- M. Sogonov (2004) Attending IMC 7 Oslo
- M. Abbasi, S.B. Goodwin & M. Scholler, M. (2005) Taxonomic investigation of Puccinia species parasitic on Poaceae in Iran
- J.M. Pérez-Martínez (2005) Rust and Smut Fungi in Cuba
- M. Abbasi & M. Scholler (2005) A taxonomic revision of the genus Tranzschelia (Uredinales)
- M. Réblová (2005) Selected perithecial ascomycete genera from New Zealand
- Th. Degenkolb (2005) Peptaibiotics from Trichoderma spp.
- M. Sogonov, H.-J. Schroers, W. Gams, J. Dijksterhuis & R.C. Summerbell, R.C. (2005) The hyphomycete Teberdinia and related anamorphs of Pseudeurotium
- C.A. López Quintero (2009) Mushrooms from various Colombian Amazon forests
- B. Asgari - Attending IMC9 (2010)
- Online identification keys for the German Open Nature Guides (2011)
- J. M. O. Torres and Th. E. E. dela Cruz (2012) Antibacterial activities of fungal endophytes associated with the Philippine endemic tree, Canarium ovatum.
Publications in the context of supported projects
- M. Karadelev, I. Irbe and B. Andersons (2004) - Bio. damage cult. Monuments Macedonia
- J. Abdolllahzadeh et al. (2009) Barriopsis iraniana and Phaeobotryon cupressi from trees in Iran
- M. Bakhshi, M. Arzanlou, A. Babai-Ahari 2012 – Morphological and molecular characterization of Cercospora zebrina from black bindweed in Iran. Plant Pathology & Quarantine 2(2), 125–130, doi 10.5943/ppq/2/2/5
- N.H.A. Dagamac, T.E.E. dela Cruz, M.V.B. Pangilinana, & S.L. Stephenson (2011) List of species collected and interactive database of myxomycetes (plasmodial slime molds) for Mt. Arayat National Park, Pampanga, Philippines.
- N. H. A. Dagamac, S. L. Stephenson, & Th. E. E. dela Cruz (2012) Occurrence, distribution and diversity of myxomycetes (plasmodial slime moulds) along two transects in Mt. Arayat National Park, Pampanga, Philippines.
- C.A. López-Quintero, L. Atanasova, A.. Esperanza Franco-Molano, W. Gams, M. Komon-Zelazowska, B. Theelen, W. H. Müller, T. Boekhout, & I. Druzhinina (2013) DNA barcoding survey of Trichoderma diversity in soil and litter of the Colombian lowland Amazonian rainforest reveals Trichoderma strigosellum sp. nov. and other species.
- J. Abdollahzadeh, A. Javadi, R. Zare, A.J.L. Phillips (2014) A phylogenetic study of Dothiorella and Spencermartinsia species associated with woody plants in Iran, New Zealand, Portugal and Spain.
- M. Bakhshi, M. Arzanlou, A. Babai-ahari, J.Z. Groenewald, U. Braun, P.W. Crous 2015. Application of the consolidated species concept to
Cercospora spp. from Iran. Persoonia 34, 2015: 65–86. http://dx.doi.org/10.3767/003158515X685698
- M. Bakhshi, M. Arzanlou, A. Babai-ahari, J.Z. Groenewald, P.W. Crous 2015. Multi-gene analysis of Pseudocercospora spp. from Iran. Phytotaxa 184 (5): 245–264. http://dx.doi.org/10.11646/phytotaxa.184.5.1
- MOUNES BAKHSHI, MAHDI ARZANLOU, ASADOLLAH BABAI-AHARI, JOHANNES Z. GROENEWALD & PEDRO W. CROUS 2015. Is morphology in Cercospora a reliable reflection of generic affinity? Phytotaxa 213 (1): 022–034.
Publications by members of the foundation
- W. Gams (2013) A new nomenclature - Mycologia Iranica
- W. Gams and M. Thines (2013) Obituary for Ovidiu Constantinescu. Mycological Progress.
- T. Kuyper, Zeitschrift für Mykologie 79 (PDF)
Diese Seite ist auch auf Deutsch verfügbar / This page is also available in German.